The DutchCat concept is designed from totally outside-the-box thinking, where the traditional method of design based on limitations was abandoned.
The concept comprises several items that together create the innovative DutchCatTwelve:
an extremely energy-efficient, contemporary and functional ship of exceptionally high quality and fully developed in the Netherlands.
The new vision behind the DutchCatTwelve has also led to a special design for the underwater ship and propulsion line.
Besides the electric version, there are diesel and hybrid versions available. In total there are 6 propulsion lines: one is 100% electric, three are hybrids and two are diesel powered. The much lower resistance of both ‘shoes’ means that compared to monohull ships, they use far less energy and are therefore very environment friendly.
A few other unique features of the fully complete and ready-to-sail DutchCatTwelve:
- Extremely good cruising characteristics, certified at CE category B for 12 people (offshore)
- Flat floor throughout aft deck and saloon
- Up to 100% lower diesel consumption
- Low maintenance; low maintenance costs
- Customisable areas and kitchen
- An unprecedented “open” experience and 360 degree view
- Very suitable for use as a second home
- Extensive personal input into layout and finish